March 16, 2020
Urban Acres: Preventative Coronavirus Measures
How Urban Acres is Taking a Proactive Approach to Keeping Buyers, Sellers, and the Community Safe in the Midst of the Coronavirus Outbreak
Is it safe to attend an open house? What should I do when I have showings at my house? These are natural questions Urban Acres buyers and sellers have about their day to day lives as the Corridor and the world navigates the complexities of the coronavirus outbreak.
Urban Acres is taking a proactive role and wants to provide a few tips to anyone who is currently listing their home, looking for a home, or considering doing so in the coming weeks.
First, it’s important to know Urban Acres stays abreast of daily updates from the National Association of REALTORS®, which includes insights from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization. We also keep a pulse on what is happening in our own communities.
Here are five things Urban Acres agents are doing to protect our clients, our community, and our families:
- Keep Communicating. If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to reach out to your agent directly. We are here to be your resource. Even if you don’t have an agent, and just want to ask questions, we are here to help.
- If you are a seller who is having regular showings, we recommend you place a hand sanitizer at the front door with a note asking agents and buyers to use it before entering. We also recommend you have Clorox wipes available with a note asking people to wipe anything they touch as they open doors, cabinets, etc.
- When working with potential buyers, our agents will bring hand sanitizer with them and use it with clients between showings. Agents will also work to be the only ones who are opening closets and doors to keep contact to a minimum.
- Our agents will also make every effort, while staying in full accordance with the Fair Housing Act, to ask buyers and sellers if they have traveled or been potentially exposed to coronavirus.
- And finally, our agents themselves will follow coronavirus prevention best practices and reinforce these with everyone involved during the real estate transaction to keep a safe environment. Urban Acres team members will not be in the office and plan to work remotely to reduce potential exposure. They will also employ social distancing where possible.
We understand that the situation is changing on a daily basis and we will update this page as appropriate. We want to thank our clients and our community for their understanding during this time.