Ben Russell, REALTOR®
This former banker-turned-REALTOR® spent nearly a decade specializing in commercial and business lending and underwriting. Now Ben is here to lend a hand and help you crunch the numbers to make your dream home or space a reality. His specialties include residential, new construction, commercial and industrial spaces, and multi-family homes.
After arriving in Iowa City from South Korea when he was just three months old, Ben became a true community champion. He loves watching Iowa City grow with events like Jazz Fest and Arts Fest. He’s also active in the community through the Iowa City Parks and Recreation commission, Iowa City Hospice, and other local organizations.
A self-proclaimed croissant connoisseur, Ben loves spending time with his wife, Whitney (also a REALTOR®), his son, Ford, and his two pups, Chi Chi and Jimmy. Ben enjoys working out and staying active, watching sports, and playing cards.
Other Things You Should Know About Ben
Born in Seoul, South Korea, adopted and raised in Iowa City
Urban or Acres?
Urban, but I don’t mind some acres
- Alma Mater: St. Ambrose University (double major in finance and economics)
- Favorite Sports Team: Iowa Hawkeyes, Chicago Cubs and Dallas Cowboys
- Favorite Local Landmark: Kinnick Stadium and Hickory Hill Park
- Favorite Iowa City Establishments: La Vecina, Mosley's, Leash on Life, Von Maur, and MOXIE + mortar
- Best Part of Iowa: All the things Iowa is known for—being the home of the world’s largest strawberry, home of the National Hobo Convention, home of the largest Wooden Nickel, and home to the inventor of sliced bread
- Community Involvement: Current Board Member and Past Chair of Iowa City Hospice Board, current Iowa City Parks and Recreation commission member, Chamber Ambassador Emeritus, Friends of the Animal Center Foundation volunteer, City Circle Acting Company volunteer, prior ICAAR housing opportunity member, current ICAAR community outreach member