Ben Russell, REALTOR®
This former banker-turned-REALTOR® spent nearly a decade specializing in commercial and business lending and underwriting. Now Ben is here to lend a hand and help you crunch the numbers to make your dream home or space a reality. His specialties include residential, new construction, commercial and industrial spaces, investment properties, and multi-family homes.
After arriving in Iowa City from South Korea when he was just three months old, Ben became a true community champion. He loves watching Iowa City grow with events like Jazz Fest, Arts Fest, and the Iowa City Farmer's Market. He’s also active in the community as a board member with Iowa City Hospice, Iowa Children's Museum, 4Cs of Johnson County, and other local organizations.
Other Things You Should Know About Ben
Born in Seoul, South Korea, adopted and raised in Iowa City
Urban or Acres?
Urban, but I don’t mind some acres
- Best Part of Iowa: All the things Iowa is known for—being the home of the world’s largest strawberry, home of the National Hobo Convention, home of the largest Wooden Nickel, and home to the inventor of sliced bread
- Community Involvement: Iowa City Hospice Board Member, 4Cs of Johnson County Board Member, Iowa Children's Museum Board Member, past Iowa City Parks and Recreation commission member, Chamber Ambassador Emeritus, Friends of the Animal Center Foundation volunteer, City Circle Acting Company volunteer, Community Leadership Program (CLP) class of 2021-2022
- Favorite Iowa City Establishments: La Regia, Ramen Belly, Pizza Ranch, Mosleys, The Ronnenberg, Leash on Life, and Von Maur
- Alma Mater: St. Ambrose University (double major in finance and economics)
- Favorite Local Landmark: Kinnick Stadium and Hickory Hill Park
- Favorite Sports Team: Iowa Hawkeyes, Chicago Cubs and Dallas Cowboys
- One Thing You’d Never Guess: I was a chess champion in junior high school.