Cathy Pugh, REALTOR®
You won’t find her just standing around as clients make important life decisions. Cathy is the savvy negotiator clients trust to handle contracts and guide them through their real estate investments.
After attending law school, Cathy practiced law in Chicago before moving to Iowa City. As her family grew, she limited her law practice to mediation and focused on keeping the home fires burning while her husband established one of the region’s best law firms, Pugh Hagan Prahm, LLP. Along the way, Cathy discovered that her experience as a lawyer made her uniquely qualified to negotiate real estate contracts and provide buyers and sellers the information they need to make informed decisions.
Born in Chicago and adopted by Iowa, Cathy is an active community volunteer. She and her husband Mike have four children—three who left the nest to pursue their dreams in Colorado, California, and Des Moines, and one still in high school and active in sports and music.
What Clients Say About Cathy Pugh
Other Things You Should Know About Cathy
Urban or Acres?
Formerly urban, but becoming more acres!
- Alma Mater: Indiana University (Juris Doctor Degree)
- Specializations: Residential
- Community Involvement: Mercy Hospital Foundation Board, Iowa City Hospice Board of Directors, MidWestOne Bank Advisory Board, Executive Committee of 5224Good
- Favorite Iowa City Establishment: Big Grove
- Favorite Local Landmark: Hickory Hill Park
- Favorite Sports Team: My kids’ teams
- Best Part of Iowa: Iowans and those who wish to be Iowans
- One Thing You’d Never Guess: I am a first generation American. My parents immigrated here from Ireland and Croatia.