Ernie Galer, REALTOR®, Broker of Record
This easygoing, cookie-loving REALTOR® has done it all. From building houses and commercial buildings as E.G. Construction to serving as the broker of record for an area real estate company, Ernie has extensive experience in the field. In addition to his real estate sales and brokers licenses, he has various designations and specializations for representing buyers and sellers.
Ernie currently serves on the Iowa City Board of Review and the Johnson County Compensation Commission. He and his wife Heidi, a retired German teacher at West High School, have four children and eight grandchildren.
Other Things You Should Know About Ernie
Mount Pleasant, IA
Urban or Acres?
Urban, but I’ve owned some rural properties
- Alma Mater: Iowa State University
- Awards: REALTOR of the Year Award (Iowa City Area Association of Realtors), Associate of the Year 2000 (Iowa City Home Builders Association), Lifetime Achievement Award (Iowa City Area Association of Realtors)
- Specializations: Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR), Accredited Buyer Representative Manager (ABRM), Certified Real Estate Broker (CRB), Certified Residential Specialist (CRS), Internet Specialist Certification (e-Pro), Graduate Real Estate Institute (GRI), and Seniors Real Estate Specialist (SRES)
- Community Involvement: Iowa City Board of Adjustment, Iowa City Community School District Board, Iowa City Board of Review, Johnson County Compensation Commission
- Favorite Iowa City Establishment: Monica’s
- Favorite Local Landmark: My yard in the spring, summer, and fall
- Favorite Sports Team: Any team my grandchildren are on!
- Best Part of Iowa: The changing of the seasons.
- One Thing You’d Never Guess: How many grandchildren my wife and I have