Jan Crosby, REALTOR®
Though real estate is her passion, this agent prefers to think of herself as a counselor or teacher rather than a salesperson. Jan is in tune with her clients’ needs and lends her knowledge to making the buying and selling experience positive. Jan grew up in central Missouri, where she earned her bachelor’s degree in business administration and an MBA. She started her career in healthcare and was involved in product development and project management. In the late 80s, Jan moved to Kansas City, where she met her husband Greg. Jan and Greg moved to Iowa City in 2002 as part of a corporate relocation process, and they decided to stay and plant their roots to raise their son Josh. Then in 2007, Jan earned her real estate license.
Jan loves interacting with older adults and has worked with the geriatric community for many years. In her free time, she also enjoys volunteering with local nonprofits, gardening, traveling, and playing piano. Jan volunteers with her church, 100+ Women Who Care, The Greater Iowa City Area Home Builders Association, 5224Good, CommUnity Crisis Services, Professional Women in Building, and Houses into Homes. Her next goal is to tour the country and watch a baseball game in every MLB ballpark.
What Clients Say About Jan Crosby
Other Things You Should Know About Jan
Kansas City, MO
Urban or Acres?
More urban, but I grew up on an acreage.
- Awards: Gold Star Award (ICAAR)
- Specializations: Relocation clients, staging, first-time homebuyers
- Community Involvement: CommUnity Crisis Services and Food Bank (formerly the Crisis Center), Parkview Church, Free Lunch Program of Iowa City, 100+ Women Who Care
- Favorite Local Establishment: Baxa’s at Sutliff Bridge
- Favorite Local Landmark: The Pentacrest
- Favorite Sports Team: KC Royals or St. Louis Cardinals
- Best Part of Iowa: The people who make it “easy to live” in Iowa (Midwest values)
- One Thing You’d Never Guess: I play the piano and am blessed to have my aunt’s baby grand piano.