Leah Johnson, Marketing Director
Whether she’s camping, fishing, kayaking, or playing horseshoes, Leah feels most at home in the outdoors. This big-hearted, self-described goofball has a passion for organization, which helps her keep Urban Acres’ marketing initiatives on track.
A few years ago, Leah and her husband Tyler purchased their first home in Cedar Rapids. She enjoys spending time with her dog and cat, Barb and Carl, and loves photography, from shooting family sessions to capturing beautiful outdoor scenes. You’ll also find her spending time in her garden and squeezing in as many concerts as she can throughout the year.
Other Things You Should Know About Leah
Urban or Acres?
All acres, baby!
- Alma Mater: University of Iowa (degree in art)
- Favorite Iowa City Establishment: Baxa’s Tavern at the Sutliff Bridge
- Favorite Local Landmark: The historical Grant Wood Tavern in Stone City (General Store Pub)
- Favorite Sports Team: Minnesota Twins
- Best Part of Iowa: I love all of our beautiful parks—Palisades, Backbone State Park, Macbride State Park. And the beautiful rolling fields and picturesque family farms.
- One Thing You’d Never Guess: I am terrified of mascots, the Easter bunny, clowns… basically any kind of large, dressed-up character needs to keep a safe distance.