Phil O'Brien, REALTOR®, Broker
One day Phil had an epiphany. He wondered to himself, “What if every project is different and every client is unique?” And so this clever shower thought became his mantra. Phil made it official by writing the saying on a Post-it note and sticking it to his bathroom mirror.
All joking aside, Phil is one of the most humble, modest people you’ll ever meet. He really does live by the mantra that every client’s situation is unique. It’s one of the things he loves most about being a REALTOR®. After graduating from the University of Iowa, Phil earned his real estate license and began developing extensive knowledge of residential and commercial real estate. He is also a member of The Bails Team.
Phil and his wife Jenny live in Iowa City and are deeply involved in the community. Jenny works for Systems Unlimited, a local non-profit agency that serves people with disabilities and similar service needs. In his spare time, Phil assists Systems Unlimited with their housing needs and is on the Board of Directors for the The Housing Trust Fund of Johnson County and The Shelter House. HTFJC is an organization that promotes and supports affordable housing in Johnson County. The Shelter House has provided safe shelter and helped people improve the quality of their lives since 1983. Both groups align with Phil’s belief that safe and affordable housing is a right that should be available to all people.
A self-described gear head, Phil loves tinkering with anything that has an engine. He also enjoys traveling, working on projects around the house, and hanging out with his pets.
What Clients Say About Phil O'Brien
Other Things You Should Know About Phil
Urban or Acres?
Urban wanting to be acres.
- Alma Mater: University of Iowa
- Awards: 3 Gold Star Awards
- Specializations: First-time Homebuyers, Renovation Projects, Investment and Commercial Real Estate
- Community Involvement: Shelter House, Housing Trust Fund of Johnson County, Systems Unlimited
- Favorite Iowa City Establishment: Shakespeare’s
- Favorite Local Landmark: University of Iowa Hospital Towers
- Favorite Sports Team: Chicago Bears
- Best Part of Iowa: Just like me, Iowa is secretly awesome.
- One Thing You’d Never Guess: I enjoy going to the movies by myself, and I want to be a racecar driver when I retire.