Tom Kaut, REALTOR®
The Goal Maker
If you have a goal in mind, he’ll help you reach it. Tom has been in the real estate business for more than 25 years and specializes in residential, commercial and multi-family development, income properties, new construction, relocation, and first-time homebuyers. Over the past two decades, he’s been involved with many local developments including Washington Plaza Phases 1 and 2, Eastbrook Flats, Northside Commons, Willow Ridge, and Augusta Place. He also owns more than 300 rental units.
Tom grew up in Des Moines and played Division 1 soccer for Drake University before earning his economics degree from the University of Iowa with a minor in German. He’s among the first generation of German immigrants in his family. Tom is also a softball dad who enjoys hiking, golf, fishing, playing with his dachshunds, and playing the drums.
What Clients Say About Tom Kaut
Other Things You Should Know About Tom
Des Moines, IA
Urban or Acres?
- Languages Spoken: English, German
- Alma Mater: University of Iowa (majored in economics, minored in German)
- Specializations: New Construction, Residential, Investment Property, First Time Home Buyers, Relocation, VA Buyers
- Community Involvement: Parkview Church, Thunder Softball Club
- Favorite Iowa City Establishment: Van B’s
- Favorite Local Landmark: Kinnick Stadium
- Best Part of Iowa: Friendliness and values of the people.
- One Thing You’d Never Guess: I am a ‘Deadhead.’