Tricia Van Roekel, REALTOR®
The Social Butterfly
With nearly 30 years of experience in real estate, a new grandson, and a busy volunteer schedule, it’s no surprise she’s a social butterfly. Tricia’s clients (many now friends) say her commitment to service, experience, energy, and friendly personality are what make her an outstanding REALTOR®. She enjoys working with a range of clients from first-time buyers to downsizing seniors, with a wealth of experience in relocation and move-up buyers.
Tricia graduated from Iowa State University, then moved to Iowa City to raise her family. She and her husband Eric, an engineer with Procter and Gamble, have built three new construction homes and remodeled a home together—experiences that have given Tricia unique insights into homeownership and area neighborhoods.
Now that her two children are on their own, Tricia is rediscovering life as an empty nester and grandma. She’s an active volunteer with United Way and Go Red for Women Heart Association. Raised as a pastor’s kid, church and weekly Bible studies remain important to Tricia. When she isn’t working or volunteering, Tricia is attending UI sporting events, spending time with friends and family, golfing, walking in her neighborhood, or taking beach vacations.
What Clients Say About Tricia Van Roekel
Other Things You Should Know About Tricia
Urban or Acres?
My roots are a little bit acres—I grew up next to a cornfield in small town Iowa, but I have lived in the Iowa City area for more than 28 years.
- Alma Mater: Iowa State University
- Awards: ABR, REALTOR® of the Year, Gold Star Recipient
- Specializations: Relocation, first-time homebuyers, move-up buyers and sellers
- Community Involvement: United Way, Go Red for Women Heart Association, and Parkview Church Deacon
- Favorite Local Establishment: Red’s Alehouse
- Favorite Local Landmark: Kinnick Stadium
- Favorite Sports Team: I cheer for the Hawks, but I do love my Cyclones, too.
- Best Part of Iowa: Fall weather and football games
- One Thing You’d Never Guess: I am a PK (pastor’s kid). My dad was a pastor in a small town. I know you’re thinking Footloose, but I actually stayed out of trouble most of the time!
Contact Tricia Van Roekel Today
Have a question we can answer about buying or selling a home? Fill out our contact form, and Tricia will be in touch soon!